1. The system analyst must be able to communicate in writing and orally.
2. The analyst must easily get along with people.
3. The analyst must be a good listener and be able to react to what people say.
4. The analyst must be knowledgeable of technology. The analyst is not expected to know the intricacies of programming, but a decent general knowledge of concepts and terms is essential.
5. The analyst must be knowledgeable of business. The analyst is not expected to be an expert in business but a decent understanding of the client’s world is required.